This is by far my FAVORITE salad! I will literally eat the entire dish in about 24 hours. Yikes. I hope you enjoy it too.
1 cup dry Bulgar Wheat or Quinoa
1.5 cups boiling Water
1.5 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil (First Cold Press)
2 medium cloves Garlic, crushed
dash of Black Pepper
1 bunch of Scallions, minced
1 bunch of fresh Parsley, minced
2-3 ripe Tomatoes, minced
1-2 Cucumbers, seeded and minced
1. Combine the water and bulgar in a bowl and cover. Let stand for 5+ minutes. OR Cook the quinoa according to directions on the package. Typically 1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups water. Boil for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Place bulgar/quinoa in the fridge to chill.
3. Combine salt, lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a bowl and mix. This will be your dressing.
4. Combine scallions, tomatoes, parsley and cucumbers in a bowl and mix.
5. Combine all three (bulgar/quinioa, dressing and veggies). Refrigerate until serving.