I FINALLY had the opportunity to try Simply Recipes’ Grilled Eggplant Sandwich… and it was a big hit with the family. My own daughter even said, “Mom, that was the BEST sandwich I’ve ever had!” Of course the adults questioned how true that could really be… but she insisted it was. Hubby was openly skeptical before I started the process, but at the end of dinner, he too admitted it was really good. And our dinner guests were pleased too.
So, what to do with your eggplant? Well, consider grilling it. I bet it would even be amazing with BBQ sauce, cheddar and red onions on a bun. Think of the possibilities.
Note: Instead of making the dressing they suggest in the recipe, I used some balsamic vinaigrette that I had on hand and called it good.
Now… let’s not forget about those Sweet Potato Fries! Here’s what I did:
1. Peeled the sweet potatoes.
2. Sliced them, removing bad spots.
3. Dipped them in Canola Oil.
4. Placed them in a glass baking dish.
5. Baked them at 425F for 45 minutes, flipping them after 30 minutes.
6. After baking, I placed them on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
7. Lightly salted and served with ketchup.