Do you ever make the dreadful discovery in your refrigerator, finding a lost and forgotten fruit or vegetable and you nearly panic? Well, that was me. I found several kiwi from previous boxes that were waiting for my attention. They were shriveled on the outside but perfect inside. Since we just received more in this week’s box, I decided to try something completely different and unusual with my kiwi… something I have NEVER seen or heard of before –> turning them into muffins!
I did a quick search for online recipes to make sure the idea might work and then I began creating my own recipe. It’s a quick and easy recipe… with tasty results. Give them a try.
1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
0.33 cup Honey
0.5 TSP Cinnamon, ground
0.25 TSP Allspice
0.5 cup Milk of choice
3 Kiwi, peeled and blended
2 Kiwi, peeled and diced
0.5 cup Chocolate Chips or Raisins/Crasins
2 TSP Baking Powder
Non-stick spray for the pan
1. Using a blender, mix 3 kiwi, milk, egg, and honey for ~ 5 to 10 seconds.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and baking powder.
3. Add wet mix to the dry mix and stir until lump free.
4. Add chocolate chips and kiwi chunks.
5. Fill sprayed muffin molds with 0.33 cup of mix. You should have enough mix for 12 muffins.
6. Bake at 400F for 18 – 20 minutes.