I don’t know about you, but I always enjoy the marinated artichokes from the store. They have even become a staple in our home. I’ve also noticed several top chefs openly admit they prefer using canned marinated artichoke hearts over preparing them with fresh artichokes. It baffles me, but that is what I continue to read. So, I thought… why not make MY OWN marinated artichokes?
You’ll Need (per 2 artichokes):
0.5 cups Wine Vinegar
0.5 cups Olive Oil (not Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 cloves Garlic, fresh, crushed
1 or 2 TBSP Parsley, fresh, minced
Here’s how you do it (referencing GourmetSleuth.com):
1. Steam your artichokes after cutting the top 0.5-1 inch off and peeling off the outer leaves. (Overview of how to steam your artichokes and a picture from previous post) Avoid over cooking them if possible.
2. Cool your artichokes immediately.
3. Make the marinade. (Combine the ingredients in a small glass container with lid.)
4. Prepare the artichokes for the marinade. You can pull the leaves off of the artichoke to separate them or cut them in halves or quarters. Place artichokes in marinade.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 day, but no more then 2 weeks. Use in your favorite recipe.