I’ve been meaning to post this for 3 weeks now! It is currently my family’s favorite dish. Every time I make it I make larger portions assuming we’ll have leftovers, and end up with an empty dish. I hope your family loves it too.
2.5 cups Brown Rice, steamed
2 cups Corn (fresh or frozen)
0.5 bunch Cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 can Pinto Beans, mostly drained, not rinsed, low sodium
1 can Black Beans, mostly drained, not rinsed, low sodium
1 medium Onion, chopped
1-3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1-2 TSP Smoked Paprika (optional, but highly recommended)
2 TBSP oil
Carrots, chopped (optional)
Celery, chopped (optional
Peppers, chopped (optional)
1. Saute vegetables for bean mix in a skillet.
2. Place beans, oil, and sautéed veggies into a food processor and blend.
3. Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes. (Stir occasionally.)
1. Place steamed rice in a large skillet with corn, cilantro and a little bit of oil.
2. Stir-fry the rice mixture until corn is cooked and tender.
Place rice and beans on a plate with some fresh salsa and/or tomatoes, guacamole, etc. It’s a great dish (and full of protein, iron, and calcium).