Well… no picture for this post because the family devoured dinner faster then I was expecting! I simply took a simple black beans recipe (similar this one: https://homegrowngainesville.wordpress.com/2010/09/29/savory-black-beans-with-fresh-cilantro/) and added one bunch of chopped chard. Served over rice, everyone was lining up for 2nds.
What’s wonderful about chard is it’s mellow flavor that blends well with whatever dish you add it to. Have fun with your dishes and be a little creative.
Tonight’s Black Beans Recipe
You will need:
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped/crushed
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 cans Black Beans
1 can Petite Tomatoes
1 can Tomatoes and Chilies
half bunch of Cilantro, chopped
half to whole bunch of Chard, chopped
1. Saute 1 yellow onion, 1 tsp ground cumin and 2 cloves of garlic in oil.
2. Add 2 cans of black beans, 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, and 1 can of tomatoes and chilies.
3. Allow mix to simmer for ~ 10-20 minutes.
4. Add half a bunch of cilantro (chopped) and chard.
5. Simmer for ~5 minutes.
6. Serve over rice of choice.