You will need:
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and chunked
0.5 – 1 cup Split Peas
1 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
32 oz. Vegetable or Chicken Broth of choice
pinch of Curry Powder (optional)
1 – 2 cups Rice or Barley, cooked (optional)
0.25 cup Parsley (optional)
1-2 Roma Tomatoes for garnish
1. Cook peas for 20 minutes in broth.
2. Cook squash in water until tender. Drain and mash/blend until smooth. (You may need to add a little bit of broth to the squash mixture before mashing/blending.) Add squash to the broth mixture.
3. Saute onion and garlic in oil and add it to the broth mixture.
4. Add curry, rice/barley and parsley if desired.
5. Bring soup to a boil and cook until peas are tender. (Add salt and pepper as preferred.)
6. When serving, garnish with freshly sliced tomatoes.