I recently felt the urge to start indulging in the feeling of fall… which meant enjoying a little apple cider. Well, one thing lead to the next, and I now have these delicious apple spice cookies to share. 🙂
16 oz Almond Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Apple Cider
2 TSP Vanilla or Almond Extract
1.5 Cups Oat Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
2 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1 – 2 Small Apples or Pears, finely chopped
0.5 – 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1. In a pan, mix brown sugar and cider, and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Pour hot mixture over almond butter, add vanilla extract and stir until mixed well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Fold it into the nut mixture.
4. Fold oats and apple/pear chunks into dough and set aside to cool for ~10 minutes.
5. When dough has cooled, add white chocolate chips (if desired).
6. Make cookie dough balls, approximately 24 per batch. Place two inches apart on an oil-sprayed cookie sheet. Flatten the dough balls with the bottom of a measuring cup or glass.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 1+ hours before enjoying.
Note, if you use fresh apples or pears, the cookie may be very moist. It may be best to refrigerate moist cookies, heating them in the microwave or toaster oven just before serving.