My kids have recently expressed an interest in learning how to cook, desiring to help prepare our daily meals. While this is a very sweet gesture on their part, it does take a little bit of extra planning on my part (and some extra time). As we venture through their experiences, I may post some of their recipes in our Kids Corner. If your child(ren) are eager in the kitchen and you’d like us to feature them and their recipe(s), please submit your picture(s) and recipe notes to Angela. 🙂
First up, Mollie Katzen’s Made-in-the-Pan Chocolate Cake featured in Honest Pretzels.
1.25 cups Unbleached White Flour
0.33 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1 cup Sugar
0.5 TSP Salt
0.75 TSP Baking Soda
1 cup Water
0.33 cup Canola Oil
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TSP Cider/White Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, and baking soda in pan.
3. Add water, oil, vanilla, and vinegar to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Flatten the batter to make sure it is evenly distributed in the pan and clean the edges of the pan above the batter.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
6. Allow to cool before cutting.