I’ve previously posted a recipe inspired by the use of random veggies in need of attention wrapped in a croissant roll. I continue to hear friends ask about that recipe and even ask if I would post it again. Since I’m not exactly fond of reposting a previous recipe without changes, I thought I’d look up some photos from the numerous meals that have went unposted to date, and include NEW IDEAS of how to use what’s in your current box (or fridge) to create your own Savory Pastry. 🙂
Variation #1 Savory Turkey and Savoy Cabbage Pastries
1. Combine left over chopped turkey with sautéed cabbage, mushrooms, onions, garlic or other vegetables and herbs of choice. (The smaller each ingredient is chopped the better.)
2. Add cottage cheese (or cream cheese).
3. Place two scoops of filling into center of square-shaped croissant roll dough.
4. Bake at 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes.
Variation #2: Savory Chicken, Cabbage and Carrot Pastries
1. Combine chopped cooked chicken breast with sautéed cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms and garlic.
2. Add cottage cheese and stir thoroughly.
3. Place two scoops of filling into center of square-shaped croissant roll dough. 4. Bake at 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes.
Original recipe is titled Savory Italian Pastries.