Do you happen to have fruit that is reaching the end of its desired shelf life or has been hanging out in your freezer for a while? If so, this may be a great rescue opportunity.
6-12 Peaches (fresh or frozen, sliced)
1-2 lb Cherries (fresh or frozen, pitted)
8-16 oz Blueberries or Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
8-16 oz Cranberries or Plums/Plouts (fresh or frozen)
1 cup Bread or All Purpose Flour
1 cup Oats
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Butter (or 2 sticks)*
Dash of Salt
*1 stick of butter might be enough if looking for a slightly healthier alternative.
1. Place peaches in a greased/oiled 9×13 dish and top with cherries and berries. The fruit should fill the entire dish.
2. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400 F.
3. Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. After fruit has baked, pour the dry mixture over the fruit.
5. Drizzle the butter evenly over the dry mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 F or until the crisp is golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Fresh fruit crisp pairs well with those frozen dairy desserts! Perfect for National Ice Cream Day (in the event you need an excuse). 😉