Utilizing my ‘Heart-Healthy’ Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe from previous posts, I have now created a fall flavored cookie that will be hard to resist. In fact, my family has devoured an entire batch in just 2 days (and I only shared 4 with friends!). I don’t mind. They are packed with fiber, protein, and calcium. They make the perfect breakfast on the go (paired with fruit of course) or hard workout recovery snack. So eat up and enjoy!
1 cup Brown Sugar
0.5 cup Water
16 oz Almond Butter (natural with oil on top OR freshly ground)
2 TSP Vanilla Extract
1.5 cups Oat Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Salt
0.5 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1. In a small sauce pan combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil and stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add almond butter, vanilla and sugar mixture from step 1. Mix well.
3. In a new large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). Mix well.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
5. Let dough sit for 5-10 minutes (or until it has cooled). Then stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Now it is time to form your cookies. Use a teaspoon to scoop a clump of dough into your hand. Roughly form a ball of dough. Then place it on the cookie tray and flatten it to ~0.25 inch thickness.
7. Bake cookies for 10 minutes at 350 F.