Harvest Pizza, Take 3
If you’ve been following HomeGrown for the past 5 years, you may remember our Pumpkin Crust Pizza. Well, today I made a few enhancements to the recipe thanks to Gainesville’s very first tasting room, Saporito Oil, Vinegar, and Spice.
Here’s What You’ll Need for the Crust:
1 cup Warm Water
2 TBSP Honey
1 envelope Active Dry Yeast
1.5 TSP Salt
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 TBSP Saporito Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-2.5 cups Bread Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 TSP Saporito Tuscany Bread Dipping Spice
1. Mix water, yeast and honey together in a mixing bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add salt, oil, and pumpkin to the yeast mix.
3. Add 1 cup of bread flour and mix.
4. Add 1 cup of whole wheat flour and Tuscany spice mix.
5. Move dough to a floured surface (table, counter, etc.) and knead in 1-1.5 cups bread flour.
6. Knead well and form a ball.
7. Coat the ball with oil and place in an oiled bowl.
8. Let rise for 1 hour.
9. Roll dough ball in flour and knead lighly.
10. Cut dough ball into two pieces and knead each into a ball.
11. Roll out each piece into a circle and prepare to prebake on pizza pan or stone.
12. Prebake dough at 425F for 5-7 minutes.
13. Freeze or refrigerate dough if desired or immediately add sauce and toppings.
14. After toppings have been added, bake at 425F until cheese is melted and serve (~10 minutes).