8 – 10 oz Penne, dried
0.5 – 1 lb Crimini, washed
1 Broccolini bunch, chopped
0.5 Red Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, crushed (optional)
1 Cup Red Wine
2 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Oil of Choice
1 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
1 jar Marinara Sauce of choice
1. Cook Pasta, drain and set aside.
2. Saute crimini mushrooms, garlice and red onion in oil for 5 minutes.
3. Add red wine, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add broccolini to mushrooms and stir while cooking for 3 – 5 minutes.
5. Add marinara sauce and bring to a boil.
6. Toss pasta into the sauce and serve.
Photo borrowed from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
I’m always looking for new ideas when creating a weekly menu. This Potato and Broccoli Rabe Casserole looks adaptable to this weeks box using russet potatoes and broccoli.
Photo Borrowed from Body-Perfect-Fitness.com
Broccoli Raab… it’s back, thanks to Jordan’s surprise this morning! Not everyone received it in their box, but some of us did. So, what to do with it? Try something NEW:
1. Pasta with Broccoli Raab and Garlic by RecipeTips.com
2. Rapini-Walnut Macaroni by All Recipes
3. Rapini with Orecchiette and White Beans by TheKitchn.com
4. Winter Squash, Rapini and Barley Soup by Culinate.com
5. Rapini Frittata with Mozzarella by FoodandWine.com
6. Rapini and Portabello Mushrooms with Gobbetti by TheOmnivoresSolution.com
7. Broccoli Raab Pesto by Scarpetto Delcetto
This gallery contains 4 photos.
Full and Half Shares (a mix of the following): Green Bell Peppers (from our CSA – Bell, FL) Arugula or Raab (from our CSA – Bell, FL) Green or Red Leaf Lettuce (from our CSA – Bell, FL) Sweet Potatoes (from our … Continue reading