If you’re in need of a gluten free, dairy free lasagne recipe, then this may be your dream come true.
Veggie Pesto #1
1 large zucchini, diced
1 large onion, diced
6 oz crimini mushrooms, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
drizzle of EVOO
6 oz fresh baby spinach
Veggie Pesto #2
8 oz beets, diced
8 oz carrots, diced
drizzle of EVOO
2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 box of lasagne noodles made from lentil flour or similar gluten free, dairy free product (We bought ours through Amazon.)
1 jar of marinara sauce
1. Prep veggies and roast each pesto mix in separate glass baking dishes with ingredients through the EVOO. (Do not add spinach and tomatoes.) Roast at 400F for 1 hour.
2. Remove from oven and allow to cool for one hour.
3. Place Veggie Pesto #1 in a large blender with spinach and puree. Put puree into a storage container or mixing bowl.
4. Add Veggie Pesto #2 to the blender with tomatoes and puree. Put puree into a storage container or mixing bowl.
5. An hour before baking, assemble the lasagne.
First layer – marinara sauce
Second layer – lasagne noodle
Third layer – veggie pesto #1
Fourth layer – marinara sauce
Fifth layer – lasagne noodle
Sixth layer – veggie pesto #2
Seventh layer – marinara sauce
Eighth layer – lasagne noodle
Ninth layer – veggie pesto #1
Tenth layer – marinara sauce
Eleventh layer – lasagne noodle
Twelfth layer – marinara sauce
Thirteenth layer – garnish with chopped mushrooms, zucchini slices, etc.
6. Allow to sit for 40-60 minutes.
7. Bake at 400F for 40 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.