Fall always bring about several pumpkin recipes. If you are like me, your house is filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice and several baked goods in the oven. You may even have a cup of warm cider or hot cocoa on the counter keeping you company. 😉
There are several pumkin bread recipes floating around blogs and the internet right now. What intrigued me most about this recipe, was the adaptability to use sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin… AND since we just received some locally grown BEAUTIFUL PURPLE sweet potatoes, I thought it would be a lot of fun to make a purple chocolate chip bread. 🙂
1 cup Oil of Choice
2.66 cups Sugar
4 large eggs or 6 Egg Whites
12 oz Mashed Sweet Potato
0.66 cup water
1.33 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 cups All Purpose or Bread Flour
0.5 TSP Baking Powder
2 TSP Baking Soda
1.5 TSP Salt
1 TBSP Pumpkin Spice
2 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
24 oz. Chocolate Chips
1. Grease two 9×5″ loaf pans and preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Blend together oil, sugar, eggs, potatoes and water in mixer until thoroughly blended.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Add vanilla and chocolate chip to dough mixture, and continue to mix.
6. Pour half of mix into each pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until done.
7. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
**Recipe idea adapted from Passionate Penny Pincher.